Monday, April 5, 2010

Life Happens

Well, it has been a bit since I last wrote. Life happens and when it gets busy its hard to accomplish all the little tasks that I have set out for myself because as we all know sometimes it feels like there are just not enough hours in a day. So when it feels as though I am not able to accomplish the goals that I have set for myself, I still maintain a few basics:
a) exercise - even when I don't feel like I have the time, a quick work out at least a few days a week allows me to be more productive throughout the day with my studies. A walk at lunch or a quick 20 minute workout is better than nothing at all.
b) i still try to pack my lunch as often as possible from home so I avoid spending money and have complete control of what I am consuming.
c) rest - not only do I try and get a good night sleep, but I take one evening off a week where I don't open my books to study, go on my computer, or work. This is actually hard for me to do as a full time student and working part time.
d) be thankful. when stress kicks in, it is hard to focus on how fortunate I am. Regardless, of how chaotic some months get, my life is still pretty darn good!

Most importantly, re-grouping and re-focusing are all part of the journey. Embrace it and learn from it and make necessary adjustments to help you accomplish your goals!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment