Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE GREATER GOOD CHALLENG! Week 1 Progress

Hello All!

Well I have been able to keep a food journal for a week which is a feat! The most glaring observation is my sugar intake....holy cow! I thought I was conscientious of how much sugar I consumed, but this journal keeping has really made it evident how much I choose NOT to pay attention to the details of my diet. The worst culprit - my coffees!! Not only do I use the flavoured coffee cream in every cup (which is sweet enough as it is), but I put a table spoon of sugar in my coffee as well. Further, is it really necessary to drink coffee from 8am -2pm every day??? I won't even mention my pop-drinking-habits. Seriously, I don't know how I still have all my teeth! I am realizing that although I may not "think' I consume that much sugar in a day, when I go back, look at my weekly intake and add it all up...its a lot! While its always nicer to keep unwanted habits "out of sight and out of mind", I appreciate the fact that I am more aware of my intake and recognize my poor habits. I really do have to hold myself more accountable once I write things down. Lesson #1 - reduce sugar intake.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment