Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE GREATER GOOD CHALLENGE - GETTING STARTED!

MY PERSONAL CHALLENGES!
STEP 1
– Starting with the basics: JANUARY 11TH, 2010 – JANUARY 31ST, 2010

Category 1: Living like a Minimalist

  • I have set myself a budget that works for me. I have created a spread sheet on Microsoft excel and have been using it like a diary to see where my spending has gone. The 1st column is income, 2nd column are bills that I have to pay every month and the date they are due (including groceries), the 3rd column is money that I spend for fun. My goal is to pay my tuition this year without taking out student loans. BIG Task!

Category 2: Healthy Living

  • I have always been active and have a new challenge that I will be trying to accomplish come spring/summer, but need to start now. I’ll let you know what I am working towards a little later. Thus I must get moving 5 days a week to get in shape for my challenge (for me this is realistic)!
    I have done this in the past, but also need to get back to being diligent and keep a food diary.

Category 3: Pay it Forward

  • Once a week perform a specific act of kindness or pay a favour forward without expecting anything in return. I don’t care if it’s big, small, words of kindness or a thoughtful gesture - we all could have kinder intentions.

‘Greater Good’ Tid Bits

Recipe: ROASTED CAULIFLOWER

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Place in oven for 40-45mins turning or shaking once or twice while baking.
  • NOTE: I credit this recipe to Jillian Michaels and I didn’t believe this would be any good...but it really is great! Serve it as a vegetable side dish for dinner. It’s really simple and who knew cauliflower could have so much flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment