Monday, January 11, 2010

THE GREATER GOOD CHALLENGE!

I’m no Yogi, psychologist, or doctor. I like to laugh, I curse a little too much, and I consider myself a “professional procrastinator”! Add the fact that a whole decade has already come and gone since the turn of the “new millennium” and time just seems to be flying by. I don’t think anyone would disagree that the last couple of years have been filled with uncertainty. But let’s be honest, uncertainty can come at any given time for some individuals or families, regardless of where the economy is at on its constant roller coaster ride.

So where does morale fit in and how do we go about maintaining it? Perhaps the second decade of this new millennium is an opportunity to be economically creative, achieve a goal or just live a little healthier in order to create stability and avoid as many future “ups & downs” as possible! Now without sounding like Oprah (oh god, I do sound like Oprah. Oh well she’s retiring soon anyways – wink, wink nudge, nudge!), what if someone did give you a challenge? And what if you were held accountable to achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself? Perhaps this is the purpose behind the challenge I am about to propose. Because I too will not accomplish a goal unless I share it with the world around me and by doing so, I now run the risk of being held accountable to those who know what I’m trying to achieve and whether or not I achieve it (insert panic...)!

Now what exactly is “The Challenge”??? It’s simple. Three Categories. And you do what you want within these categories so long as it follows the basic ideas. You can do all of it along with us, parts of it, or you can do none of it. The world is your oyster!

Erin Krushelnicki,


“The Price of Discipline is Always Less than the Pain of Regret.”
-Nido Qubein

No comments:

Post a Comment